Astronomy

Astronomy Equipment:
Telescope:10" Orion Intelliscope, 8" Skywatcher, 4.5" Celestron 102 SLT, Zenithstar 66, Galileoscope (replica),

Binoculars :Celestron 10x80 , Nikon 10x50 ,Bushnell 10x42

Cameras : Canon Rebel XT, Nikon D90, Meade DSI

Skyshed,
Laptop,
Starry Night 6,
Celestron Sky Scout,


My wife and I love being under the stars, and this is just one way to get closer to them. Observing and taking photos to remember what we have seen and share with others.

The largest scope I have (10" Intelliscope) is used mostly for observing. I use the 102 SLT for any kids who would like to view planets, stars etc. The Binoculars are a great way to lay down under the stars and observe constellations. The celestron skyscout is a device the you point to the heavens and it tells you about what you are looking at, a fantastic learning tool, and it plays through headphones that you can listen to the narrator..

In the picture with the skyshed. I have the 8" with the celestron 102 mounted on it for guiding , although I have changed it to the Zenithstar 66 for guiding. With this setup I connect the laptop to the camera's(attached to the eyepiece) and to the telescope mount, and from there can control the scope remotely (from the house or just sitting down beside it). once I locate my target, I then tell the telescope mount to track the star, planet etc, and then tell the camera to begin taking long exposure photography. I hope this helps you understand the process basics, and that you enjoy my pictures I am sharing with you.

Clear Sky Clock for Long Point Prov. Park and surrounding Area

Clear Sky Clock for Long Point Prov. Park and surrounding Area

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Photos #1

country cove 8 (1)
Sky Shed in Vienna, Ontario, 8” Newtonian, with 4.5” Celestron SLT

DSC_1254
Moon and Venus
 
 
 
Comet 17p Holmes
Close-up of Comet 17P Holmes
canon to be sorted 020-500-Edit
Saturn
 
Double Star Alberio
Alberio (Double Star)
pleiades
Pleiades Star Cluster also known as M45
M42 Orion 
Orions Sword better known as M42
M8182
M81 (cigar Nebulae) and M82 (Bodes Galaxy)
IMG_1364-698-Edit

11 Day Old Mosaic-711-Edit
Iridium 52 and perseid 
Perseid Meteor middle left to upper Right, Iridium Satellite middle left to bottom right

Autostacked Image

M104 Sombrero Galaxy

4 comments: